Friday, July 29, 2011

les boussats, part II

thursday afternoon had me counting down the minutes (orrrr seconds..) until my train would pull in to the platform at gare montparnasse & speed me (literally, tgv's roll at 300 km/h) south to angoulême. you might remember me mentioning this place a few months back...i visited my 2nd home in february, and figured it was time for another visit. 5 months is too long!

i spotted fleur, iris & christel the moment i stepped off the train. eee! a delicious dinner of many courses ensued, followed by all six of us together on the couch watching le discours d'un roi (king's speech). was just as good in french as it was in english.

over the weekend, we cycled through the nearby forest, sat around the pool, swapped stories & relaxed. i was able to find some time to dig out my old sketchbook and fill up some pages. with vine-covered stone houses & climbing vines, i didn't have to look far for inspiration.

monday came around all too quickly. before i knew it i was back on the tgv to paris. to add a silver lining to an already fabulous weekend away, there was a mixup with the tickets and i got bumped up to first class. life is sweet.

with all these trips away from paris, you'd think i didn't like paris...but it's quite the opposite! i miss the city of lights when i'm away. definitely a sign that i (along with so many others) have fallen in love with the city's charm.
...although that reminds me - not everyone does. read this article to know what i mean...

on that note, i leave you with a few pictures from my weekend at my home away from home.


gros bisous,



S.

No comments:

Post a Comment